Relocation Service: Lekeitio and Pelota
10:00 am - 5:30 pm
At one end of the Bay of Biscay, Lekeitio combines Gothic architectural gems with its fishing village and wide beaches. On the mouth of the river Lea stands the Bizkaia-region town of Lekeitio. Two wonderful beaches look out onto the island of San Nicolás, which can be reached on foot at low tide. Sitting on the shores of the Cantabrian Sea, it is a town of popular houses with a strong seafaring flavour, testimony to its origins as a fishing village. Standing next to these examples of traditional Basque architecture are Gothic gems such as the Basilica of La Asunción de Santa María in Lekeitio.
We´ll have some time to walk around this beautiful village, but before lunch time we´ll get the opportunity to approach to a typical Basque game call “Pelota”. Yes, that game where you hit a “ball”, that is a piece of wood covered by leather, into a concrete wall. Here in Lekeitio, in the “Fronton” Santi Brouard, they play “Trinquete”, to play pelota with special rules due the specific of it shape.
- Date: 05th May 2018
- Meeting place: Elcano, 5 (Artipiel)
- Time: 10am-5.30pm
- Price: 20€ per person (children 10€)
- Registration deadline: 2nd May before 2pm
- Price includes: bus to Lekeitio from Bilbao and meal in Trinquete Hostel
- In case of having any food intolerance, please let us know when you confirm your attendance.
- Send us a scanned copy to: email@example.com