It was promoted by the Department of Economic and Territorial Development of the Provincial Council of Bizkaia, Bizkaia Talent was established in 2005 as a non-profit associative initiative with a clear mission: to encourage and favor the establishment in Bilbao, the Historical Territory of Bizkaia and the Basque Country in general of the conditions necessary to attract, link and retain highly qualified people in the process of innovation and knowledge.In the Basque Country, more than 2.1 million people live and Bizkaia welcomes more than half of the country’s population (1,153,351). Its capital, Bilbao, is the main economic and financial center of the Country and the north of the Spanish State, and its tourist attractions, with the Guggenheim at the top, make it the main tourist destination in the whole of the Basque Country.
Bilbao and its metropolitan area are home to the main northern port of the Spanish State, the seat of the second state stock exchange and important entities such as the BBVA bank or the Iberdrola power company, as well as the main technological and scientific park in the north of the State, among other great assets.
In total Bizkaia has a total of 58,000 companies belonging to the automotive, aeronautics, environment, industrial design and engineering sectors. Activities that have formed a solid and constantly evolving business fabric, where training, research, technology and talent play an important role.
Bizkaia Talent wants to promote and promote the main agent for the development of a territory, such as human capital. Therefore, in order to fulfill our objective of attracting talent, we have the collaboration of leading companies and universities throughout the Basque Country.
The achievement of our goals is carried out through different activities:
- We promote an ecosystem of environment favorable to the talent.
- We promote Bizkaia, its capital, Bilbao and the Basque Country in general, as a destination-brand for professionals, creators and researchers in those areas of strategic interest for the historic territory.
- We provide services and programs aimed at facilitating the identification, access and incorporation of highly qualified people in Bizkaia’s organizations and projects.
- We create and develop social networks and communities of practice aligned with the strategy of the association.
- We coordinate and accelerate the dialogue with other public and private organizations in those initiatives related to the mission of our entity.
- We elaborate public policy recommendations and participate in the design of policies related to the mission of Bizkaia Talent.
- With all these actions we aim to become the Basque leader and European model of reference in the process of managing highly qualified people in the scientific, technological and business fields. Our work is also developed on firm values of professionalism, innovation, empathy and closeness, dynamism and creativity.
To know us in depth, you can consult the Statutes of the Bizkaia Talent association.