Bizkaia launches the talent attraction programme to promote the hiring of professionals who are working outside the Basque Country
- The programme envisages financial support of up to 40% of the annual gross salary for the person contracted to a maximum of 30,000 euros per contract.
- The Provincial Council of Bizkaia assigns 800,000 euros to this initiative whose aim is to facilitate the return of professional workers.
The Economic Promotion Department of the Provincial Council of Bizkaia has launched a programme which will make it easier for companies in Bizkaia to hire highly qualified professionals who are currently working outside the Basque Country.
The talent attraction programme has been designed to support the attraction, repatriation, linking and retaining of talent with respect to Bizkaia and to promote the hiring of highly qualified and experienced professionals in collaboration with Bizkaia companies in order to improve competitiveness in the market.
The programme involves financial support of up to 40% of the annual gross salary for the person contracted, 20% for the year 2022 and 20% for the year 2023, to a maximum of 30,000 euros.
The contracted professionals must satisfy the following requirements:
- Have a university degree.
- Have at least 5 years work experience in the sector in which they are going to carry out the professional tasks for which they are to be hired.
- Have drawn up an employment contract or a binding contract proposal with an annual gross salary of at least 45,000 euros.
- Have carried out professional activities outside the Basque Country for at least 36 of the 48 months prior to the date of application.
Deadline for applications: 1st March 2022 – 15th September 2022.