Bizkaia maintains the talent attraction programme to recruit qualified professionals working outside the Basque Country
- The programme provides subsidies of up to 40% of the annual gross salary of the contracted individual, up to a maximum sum of 30,000 euros.
The Economic Promotion Department of the Provincial Council of Bizkaia will maintain throughout the current year 2023 the talent attraction programme which was first launched in 2021 in order to continue promoting the attraction of professionals living and working outside the Basque Country.
The aim of the programme is to promote the hiring of highly qualified persons with extensive professional experience, in collaboration with Bizkaia-based companies, with a view to enhancing their competitiveness in the market.
The subsidy will amount to 20% in 2023 and 20% in 2024 of the gross annual salary, which features in the contract or in the firm contract proposal, up to a maximum 30,000 euros.
Contracted professionals must satisfy the following requirements:
- Have a university degree.
- Have a legal full- or part-time work contract, on the condition that the working relationship with the applicant company initiated after the 1st January 2022, and this must be of the nature of a permanent contract by the 29th September 2023.
- Or have a firm permanent contract proposal signed by both the applicant company and the person to be contracted. In any case, the permanent work contract must be fully legalised by the 29th September 2023.
- The legalised work contract or the firm permanent contract proposal must have a minimum annual gross salary of 45,000 euros.
- Have a minimum of 5 years’ work experience in the field for which the person has been contracted and in which s/he will carry out his/her professional activities.
- Have carried out his/her professional activity outside the Basque Country Autonomous Region for at least 36 of the last 48 months prior to the contract date.
Application period: 1st March 2023 – 15th September 2023