Bizkaia launches a new programme to promote the hiring of highly qualified professionals who are currently working outside the Basque Country
- The programme envisages financial support of up to 20% of the annual gross salaries for the years 2021 and 2022 for the person contracted.
- The Provincial Council of Bizkaia will assign 800,000 euros to this new initiative whose aim is to facilitate the return of professional workers.
The Economic Promotion Department of the Provincial Council of Bizkaia has approved a new programme which will make it easier for companies in the province to hire highly qualified professionals who are currently working abroad.
The talent attraction programme has been designed in collaboration with several Bizkaia companies to provide support to the contracting of highly qualified and experienced professionals by promoting the development of their talent in order to improve market competitiveness.
The programme involves financial support of up to 20% of the annual gross salaries for the years 2021 and 2022 for the person contracted to a maximum of 30,000 euros per contract.
The contracted professionals must satisfy the following requirements:
- Have a university degree.
- Have at least 5 years work experience in the sector in which they are going to carry out the professional tasks for which they are to be hired.
- Have carried out professional activities outside the Basque Country for at least 36 of the 42 months prior to the date of application.
- Have drawn up an employment contract or a binding contract proposal with an annual gross salary of at least 45,000 euros.
- Application deadline: from the 1st June to the 15th October.
Further information: TALENT ATTRACTION PROGRAMME